Present: Tom Castellano; Dolly Romer; Rose Jeanne Strakal; David Hickey; Hugh Miner; Sandi Bastedo; Linda Bell; Mark DeVito; and Steve Groat
1. Tom Castellano called the meeting to order at 7:35.
2. Rose Jeanne Strakal moved to accept the April minutes, seconded by Dolly Romer. Motion passed.
3. Hugh Miner handed out the treasurer’s report showing a balance of $2,514.08.
4. Rose Jeanne reported the membership count as 102 with $1,130 collected.
5. Tours: Dolly Romer circulated the flyer which details the trip to Corning on June 20, 2019. Call Dolly at 315-573-2933 to book your seat.
6. A discussion of moving SPAN headquarters to the Messinger Building followed.
Hugh Miner moved”…that SPAN move its headquarters to the Messinger Building”, seconded by Dolly Romer. The motion passed. We are looking at July for the move.
7. SOAR activity: Sandi said June 4th will feature kayaks on the Canal from 4-6, before the cookout at the campsite, from 6-8 We need to RSVP so we have enough hot dogs to serve.
Starting on May 18th, and every Saturday until June 22, there will be kayaking at the Montezuma Wildlife Center from 4-6 p.m.
June 3rd is open house at the new Senior Center.
There is a chicken barbeque on Memorial Day
8. July 17th is the picnic at the Blockhouse with SPAN and the Galen Historical Society. Hugh will contact the service organizations to help with preparations.
Meeting adjourned at 8:21 p.m.